Online Bus Ticket Booking
The client is in the business of selling bus tickets of various bus operators. The client wanted to automate the whole ticketing process. Part of the automation was to provision online ticket booking system.
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Aim of the project was to design and develop online bus ticket booking system from website and mobile phone. The ticket as well as the monthly pass can also be purchased online by the customers. It included other facilities such as maintaining bus schedules, adding & updating the system for the buses as well as routes. It also included features such as administration control.
A bit challenging part was to implement dynamic seat layout and fit that in mobile interface and defining dynamic bus routes feature.
- Ticket booking Engine:
- Passengers can book bus tickets online. Facilities like Search ticket, book ticket, printing booked ticket, ticket cancellation, Change travel date, change passenger details, split PNR, Email ticket and Track ticket status
- Bus operator module
- Dynamic vehicle creation:
- The bus operators, who have purchased the sub-domain, can create the vehicles, add facilities to the vehicles, and upload images of the vehicles
- Dynamic creation of seat layout:
- The seat layout for the created vehicle can be defined dynamically by specifying the rows and columns. Drag and drop facility for the seat layout is also provided by the website
- Defining routes journey and schedule dynamically:
- The bus operators have the facility of creating routes, defining journey and schedule for the buses
- Custom Alerts and notification:
- The admin is given the facility to define desired notification based on certain defined criteria. Internal mailing system is provided for the bus operators and agents using the website so that they can communicate internally
Volansys designed complete application as a web portal along with the mobile interface. Following list shows our contribution:
- Requirement Study & Feature List Finalization
- Complete Software Design and Development
- Functional and Load Testing of the System