Road safety and driver accountability are huge factors in deciding the success of a fleet management business. This particular client caters to the need of safety in the fleet and facility management area, using his state of art mobile and facility vision technology offerings. He approached us with a vision to create a unique solution that would enable fleet managers to monitor truck and RV drivers’ driving habits, thus reducing accident risk.
Aim of the Project
We aimed at providing the client with a solution that would help collision prevention, driver protection and an analytical report generation, detailing the driver’s inclinations while driving. Creating an in-cabin video camera recording system & a video technology and routing the two to the fleet’s manager would comprise the core offering of the solution.
There were already a few solutions catering to this segment, when we took up this project. Hence we planned to hunt down features that would make this solution an actually unique one.
A system that performed equivalently well irrespective of degree of brightness, was something that was lacking in the market. We decided to make that a prominent feature of this solution.
Implementing this feature was a challenge, keeping in mind that the solution was also aimed at bringing down cost and increase affordability for final buyers.
- A very small (28 mm x 28 mm), Camera Module with direct NTSC TV output support
- Omnivision OV07955 based Analog and Digital Image Sensor Camera module optical size : 1/3.7”[NTSC]
- Ultra Compact module size[5.6mm x 5.3mm] Making an Ideal Camera Solution for Rear View, Surround-View And Blind Spot Detection System
- Automotive AEC-Q100 grade-2 qualified CMOS Image sensor
- Best Low Light Sensitivity 16V/Lux-Sec Performance
- Output Format: NTSC[TV Port] And VGA[DV port]
- Support for on-board M12 lens mount and M12 miniature lens
- Scan Mode : Progressive
- Support Crop & Resize
- Concept to prototype to mass manufacturing for the module
- Component selection for critical parts of design such as Image sensor selection for the use case
- Design and development of Camera Module as per the mechanical constraint
- Optimized layout design to avoid HDI (blind / buried via) technology to reduce overall board complexity and cost
- Developed Diagnostics Utility to Set / Validate Sensor Register through I2C Interface to Set NTSC Format
- Prototype and board bring-up utilities
- Mass Manufacturing Support