A fortune 500 company specializing in Connected Home and Security products like Smoke alarms and CO Sensors.
The client currently uses both B2B and B2C channels to sell their products in the market. Given the products deal with Security (Smoke and CO), its highly imperative that any support needs of end-clients are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Lack of streamlined process for roll-out of fixes and debugging end-customer problems was affecting performance of the product and hence customer feedback. This directly hampered the star rating that their products receive which ultimately impacts their sales volume.
Also, there being one common mobile application for multiple products, it was critical to identify issue in one product and fix it without hampering other product support. Further to this, they also required support to re-engineer existing features and developing new ones for the launched products.
VOLANSYS took over the second tier support, customer technical support and maintenance activity of all launched products in the
connected security space from the client.
- 24×7 customer support
- Query classification and resolution
- Analyzed cloud logs from Kibana, CloudWatch, Firmware logs from Command Center, AWS IoT and mobile application logs to
identify root cause of issues across solution components
- Hot-fix releases for quicker issue resolution
- Arranged live debug sessions with customers to identify root cause of the issues
- Enhancements and issue fixes
- Analyzed root cause of the issues and/or designed the new features
- Prepared issue fixes and/or features development schedule and delivery plan
- Developed and validated individual fixes and/or features to ensure seamless code integration
- Regression releases and validation with Robot and Appium automation frameworks reducing manual validation efforts by 54%
- Rolled out fixes and/or features for the end customers
- Defined processes and strategies
- Code base and release management, issue root cause analysis and resolution flows, new feature life cycle and delivery, protocols for
cross-component communications, release evaluation and acceptance criteria
AWS IoT | CloudWatch | Kibana | Robot | Appium | Customer Technical Support
Customer support cycle
Release management cycle
- Extended customer technical support and maintenance enabled client to keep its customers satisfied and gain star ratings for the products
- Streamlined release processes and shortened bug fixing timelines