Selenium has evolved as one of the most popular automated testing tools for a variety of apps and websites ensuring a flawless user experience. Selenium can address the constant changes incorporated into apps and websites with a variety of browsers they are supposed to work on.
- What is Selenium?
Selenium is an open source automation testing tool that can easily automate web application. It is also capable of automating our functional testing tasks. Selenium is a set of software tools which offers different levels of support for test automation. Selenium includes tools like WebDriver, Selenium Remote Control, Selenium IDE, and Selenium-Grid. As per the project requirement, one or two tools can just prove to be enough.
- Why selenium?
The reason for the popularity of Selenium can mainly be attributed to the flexibility and perfection achieved through the tools it offers. It is compatible with a wide variety of browsers and offers great flexibility to write text scripts as well. Furthermore, Selenium provides robust support to a variety of programming languages, including C#, Java, Python, and Ruby. Even just a basic knowledge of any of this language is enough to work with Selenium. Here below we would have a look at the key benefits of the tool.
- First of all, Selenium is highly cost effective just because it is an open source tool with pro-grade features
- Selenium can be configured easily
- Selenium has the capability to operate on almost every Operating System
- Selenium supports a range of browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE
- Selenium supports multiple languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, PHP and.Net
- One main feature of Selenium is that the language used for building the program is independent of the language that the web application is using. This implies that the test script can be developed in any of the languages that Selenium supports
- With the use of Selenium, it is possible to execute simultaneous tests leveraging various browsers on various machines. This is turn cuts down the time for test execution when a large project is in progress
- Selenium is highly flexible and scalable tool for different types and volumes of requirements
- Selenium has a very dynamic developer community that is backed by Google
- Selenium provides support for integration of open source framework like TestNG, JUnit, BDD-Cucumber etc.
- With Selenium, you can just unleash the best testing output with minimum cost and learning curve
- In current trend of IoT, an end to end system integration testing (use cases based testing) is becoming very critical. To achieve 100% automation of such end to end testing can be achieved using Selenium because Selenium integrates very well with Java, Python, which takes care of all basic components of IoT solutions
- VOLANSYS has an in-house expertise of Appium – A native extension to Selenium WebDriver for mobile automation (iOS, Android). This makes us a stronger player in test automation segment
- How can VOLANSYS help in automation testing with Selenium?
VOLANSYS is an acclaimed and industry benchmarked web and app developer company with robust processes dedicated to automation testing. We ensure offering the most flexible and highly scalable automation testing services for the diversity of business niches. At VOLANSYS we are highly aware of the importance of automation testing in the era of rapidly transforming web and mobile apps. A whole ecosystem of device and browser combinations pose a different challenge for the developers that can only be met with sophisticated automation tools like Selenium.
VOLANSYS has established its reputation as a key player in the cloud and IoT solutions. Company’s recent foray into mobile and wearables made automation tool like selenium invincible. With the hordes of apps regularly appearing and diversity of websites continuing to the crowd with new user experience demands on various browsers, a flexible automation test tool is mandatory and Selenium being a cost effective solution perfectly fills that gap.
Do you need expert help for automation testing in your present projects? Our Selenium developers and experts can just take care of everything. Just drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +1 510 358 4310.
About Author: Rajesh Zinzuwadia Rajesh is a veteran player in Embedded & QA services. He works with VOLANSYS as Program Manager and looks after QA & Automation across multiple domains. Always smiling and ready to help people grow technically, Rajesh is willing to run an extra mile and helping customers towards creating great quality products. You can connect with him at LinkedIn : rajeshzinzuwadia
About Author: Rajesh Zinzuwadia
Rajesh is a veteran player in Embedded & QA services. He works with VOLANSYS as Program Manager and looks after QA & Automation across multiple domains. Always smiling and ready to help people grow technically, Rajesh is willing to run an extra mile and helping customers towards creating great quality products. You can connect with him at LinkedIn : rajeshzinzuwadia