An innovative growth stage company in Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) that designs, builds and supports SMART layer sensors for aircrafts. These sensors monitor, detect the damage and assess the condition of aging, degrading and failing structures and help visualize the same with seamless graphical representation.
- To real-time monitor the structure health of an aircraft, client wanted to capture data in time synchronized manner at 30 Kilo Sample (KS) per second from 32 different sensors like piezoelectric, resistance temperature detectors, strain gauge for crack detection, corrosion monitoring, and delamination attached to an aircraft
- For the same, client was looking for a development partner to help them design a solution complying to stringent, military standard certification
VOLANSYS helped the client to develop a military grade solution for structure health monitoring of aircrafts that can monitor the health of aircrafts in real-time based on different sensors’ data received at the acquisition board. We designed and developed this data acquisition board with heterogeneous architecture following military standards and enabling time synchronization between data from all the sensors.
- Designed acquisition board with heterogeneous architecture to achieve time synchronization between data set of multiple sensors like piezoelectric, resistance temperature detectors, strain gauge for detecting composite damage, crack, and impact that occur on aircraft structure
- Designed and developed firmware application
- To read the sensor data of Piezoelectric, Temperature, RTD, Strain Gauge sensors
- To support high data acquisition speed up to 30KS/s
- Conducted pre-compliance testing for FCC class B, MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-167-1
- Performed functional validation of all the interfaces (SPI, UART, SDIO) with the hardware platform
FCC l MIL-S-901 l MIL-STD-167-1 l Functional Testing | Hardware Design | Firmware Development | Product Pre-Certification
Heterogeneous Acquisition Board Design
- Helped the client in gaining first in market advantage with delivery of high speed data acquisition and structure health detection system for aircraft
- FCC, military standard compliant (MIL-S-901,MIL-STD-167-1) rugged board design helped client to extend its solution reach to military applications